AUDREY'S PICK: Party Potatoes
This is my go-to recipe when I need to bring a dish to a big dinner. It's almost humanly impossible to not love this dish, and I've had people rave about it EVERY time I've ever served it. Super easy to throw together and a crowd pleaser for sure!
- 1 bag of frozen hash browns (shredded or southern style work)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- Please frozen potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Melt and then drizzle 1/2 stick of butter on top of the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix soup, cheese, and sour cream. Then pour mixture over potatoes.
- Crush corn flakes lightly in a Ziplock or bowl. Pour 1 stick of melted butter over flakes. Mix and then spread on top of the potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 min. Take off foil and cook for another 15 min.
KATIE'S PICK: Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of salad (vegetable) oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp of salt
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cups of water
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- Combine sugar and oil into a mixer. After fully combined, add in pumpkin and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients separately then sift into mixture while alternately adding in the water as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees
- Bake time depends on your container. If making one big loaf, check at 45 minutes and go from there. If you stick a toothpick in the loaf it should come out clean.
Let us know what you think of our recipes and tag us @shoptwt to show off your own favorite recipes!