Rumor has it the Chilton originated in Lubbock, Texas by a man named Dr. Chilton. The drink came about when a man came into a bar at a country club in Lubbock and ordered a glass of vodka, lemon juice, and soda water with a salted rim topped with a lemon wheel. That is when the Chilton cocktail came about! It is enjoyed by multiple people in the area and is becoming more prominent throughout Texas, especially West, Texas. This drink is the perfect summer cocktail and one of the easiest recipes to make. Impress your friends and tell them the West Texas legend story of Dr Chilton and the Chilton.
- 2 oz of Vodka (We prefer a Texas based brand such as Western Son Vodka)
- Juice of two lemons (1.5 oz)
- 5-6 oz of Topo Chico
- Salt for the rim
- Start off by lining salt on the rim of the glass
- Juice two lemons (1.5 oz) and add into glass
- Add remaining vodka and Topo Chico
- Stir and serve!