With Valentines coming up we thought it would be best to provide you with a cocktail and dessert recipes for Galentine get togethers. I am going to be teaching you how to make a sparkling margarita (have to stay true to our tex-mex roots) and some rice crispy treats with a touch of valentines.
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup silver tequila
1/2 cup orange liquer
1 bottle champagne (about 3 cups)
lime wedges (for rim)
salt (for rim)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well.
- Run lime wedges around the rim of each Love wine glass and dip the rims in coarse salt.
- Divide margaritas between wine glasses and garnish with lime wedges.
VALENTINES RICE CRISPY TREATS
3 tablespoons butter
1 package Jet Puffed Marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature Jet Puffed Marshmallows
6 Cups of Rice cereal
1 ½ cups of semisweet chocolate (baking chocolate or chocolate chips)
Valentine's sprinkles (or sprinkles of choice)
- Use a large saucepan to melt the butter on low heat. Stir in the marshmallows until everything is melted and fully mixed together. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rice cereal then use a spatula to fold in the melted marshmallow mixture. Fold until completely combined and well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper to evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool for about 40 minutes and then cut into 2 inch squares.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips on 50% power for one minute. Stir. Continue this process until the mixture is melted and smooth but not overheated.
- Once melted, dip about half of the cut out rice crispy treats into the melted chocolate then place on parchment paper to cool. While the chocolate is still warm on the rice crispy treats sprinkle some valentines sprinkles onto the chocolate.