TODAY'S TEXAN: JOHN EVANS
SONGWRITER/PRODUCER, JOHN EVANS BAND
Anyone who knows us at Tumbleweed Texstyles knows we can't get enough of anything Texas: the beautiful places to go, the amazing things to see and, most importantly, the talented and unique people we meet. From business owners to honky-tonk stars, Texans are what make Texas the best state in the country. And we wanted to bring those people to you.
So, we sent some of our favorite Texans the 12 questions we want answered. From hometown to favorite concerts to the best barbecue in Texas, our Q&A's bring the best of Texas culture to you in the most personal, simple, and uncut way possible. This is the Tumbleweed 12.
1) WHERE IN TEXAS ARE YOU FROM AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?
JE: From Houston and now living in Austin
2) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BBQ JOINT?
JE: Cooper's Pit BBQ New Braunfels
3) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEX-MEX SPOT?
JE: Gringo's in Pearland, TX
4) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS-MADE BEVERAGE?
JE: Lone Star Beer
5) WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS MUSICIANS?
JE: Buddy Holly, The Toadies, Hayes Carll, Old 97's
6) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRIVE IN TEXAS?
JE: Alpine to Terlingua on 118
7) WHAT IS THE BEST CONCERT YOU'VE SEEN IN THE PAST YEAR?
JE: Emily Bell at Stubbs in Austin, TX
8) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS GETAWAY?
JE: Our river cabin by Lone Star Float House on the Guadalupe in New Braunfels
9) WHICH FOUR TEXANS WOULD MAKE UP THE TEXAS MT. RUSHMORE?
JE: Willie Nelson, George Bush Sr., Sam Houston, Tom Landry
10) PICK ONE: NORTH TEXAS, SOUTH TEXAS, EAST TEXAS OR WEST TEXAS?
JE: South Texas
11) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS SPORTS TEAM?
JE: Houston Texans
12) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TUMBLEWEED TEXSTYLES T-SHIRT DESIGN?
JE: Tacos Y Texas