Tumbleweed 12: Mike Harmeier of Mike and the Moonpies
Posted: Nov 04 2016
TODAY'S TEXAN: MIKE HARMEIER
SINGER-SONGWRITER, MIKE AND THE MOONPIES
Anyone who knows us at Tumbleweed Texstyles knows we can't get enough of anything Texas: the beautiful places to go, the amazing things to see and, most importantly, the talented and unique people we meet. From business owners to honky-tonk stars, Texans are what make Texas the best state in the country. And we wanted to bring those people to you.
So, we sent some of our favorite Texans the 12 questions we want answered. From hometown to favorite concerts to the best barbecue in Texas, our Q&A's bring the best of Texas culture to you in the most personal, simple, and uncut way possible. This is the Tumbleweed 12.
1) WHERE IN TEXAS ARE YOU FROM AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?
MH: From Tomball, now in Austin
2) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BBQ JOINT?
MH: Blacks BBQ Lockhart
3) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEX-MEX SPOT?
MH: Las Lomas South Austin
4) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS-MADE BEVERAGE?
MH: Dr. Pepper
5) WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS MUSICIANS?
MH: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Willie Nelson, Robert Earl Keen
6) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRIVE IN TEXAS?
MH: Dripping Springs to Bandera
7) WHAT IS THE BEST CONCERT YOU'VE SEEN IN THE PAST YEAR?
MH: Jason Isbell at Moody Theater
8) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS GETAWAY?
MH: My uncle's ranch in Kerrville
9) WHICH FOUR TEXANS WOULD MAKE UP THE TEXAS MT. RUSHMORE?
MH: Sam Houston, Willie Nelson, LBJ, Matthew McConaughey
10) PICK ONE: NORTH TEXAS, SOUTH TEXAS, EAST TEXAS OR WEST TEXAS?
MH: West Texas
11) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS SPORTS TEAM?
MH: Houston Astros