Tumbleweed 12: Songwriter John Baumann
Posted: Nov 25 2016
TODAY'S TEXAN: JOHN BAUMANN
SONGWRITER, JOHN BAUMANN MUSIC
Anyone who knows us at Tumbleweed Texstyles knows we can't get enough of anything Texas: the beautiful places to go, the amazing things to see and, most importantly, the talented and unique people we meet. From business owners to honky-tonk stars, Texans are what make Texas the best state in the country. And we wanted to bring those people to you.
So, we sent some of our favorite Texans the 12 questions we want answered. From hometown to favorite concerts to the best barbecue in Texas, our Q&A's bring the best of Texas culture to you in the most personal, simple, and uncut way possible. This is the Tumbleweed 12.
1) WHERE IN TEXAS ARE YOU FROM AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?
JB: Born in Amarillo, raised in San Antonio, and currently live in Austin
2) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BBQ JOINT?
JB: Stiles Switch BBQ
3) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEX-MEX SPOT?
JB: Mi Tierra in San Antonio
4) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS-MADE BEVERAGE?
JB: Too hard to pick!
5) WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS MUSICIANS?
JB: Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry, Adam Carroll, T-Bone Burnett
6) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DRIVE IN TEXAS?
JB: Willow City Loop
7) WHAT IS THE BEST CONCERT YOU'VE SEEN IN THE PAST YEAR?
JB: American Aquarium at Steamboat Springs
8) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS GETAWAY?
JB: Alpine, Texas
9) WHICH FOUR TEXANS WOULD MAKE UP THE TEXAS MT. RUSHMORE?
JB: Willie Nelson, Stephan F. Austin, Sam Houston, Nolan Ryan
10) PICK ONE: NORTH TEXAS, SOUTH TEXAS, EAST TEXAS OR WEST TEXAS?
JB: South Texas
11) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TEXAS SPORTS TEAM?
JB: San Antonio Spurs